Danganronpa belongs to Spike Chunsoft of course, but the characters, art, and writing in Dreadnought Despair are all by me, Amelia! After all the modification to the setting and structure, I’m pretty sure this qualifies handily as a transformative work, but intellectual property is fake anyway.
I coded this site from scratch because I am persnickety and got tired of tumblr’s crappy API! Here’s a list of the some of the software and resources I’ve used:
- Hugo - the static site generator I use to build this site! (I wouldn’t recommend it to beginners though– but you might give Publii a try!)
- Netlify - static website hosting with a very generous free tier and some really cool integration with Github!
- VSCodium - VSCode rebuilt without Microsoft’s branding or telemetry! I do all my writing as well as coding in this thing. (My favorite dark theme is Dracula and my favorite light theme is Gruvbox Material Light!)
- Twine (Sugarcube 2 story format) - the interactive fiction builder I use to code the class trials! (For the rewrite, I’ve wound up using the tweego compiler so I could do all my writing in VSCodium haha)
- SimpleLightbox - a small lightbox library (if you haven’t tried it yet, you can click on illustrations for a larger view!)
- Tippy - tooltip library, used on translations!
- Plyr - a pretty HTML5 audio player!
- Krita - for sketching and all the fun art I do outside of the fic!
- Clip Studio Paint - for all the sprites and illustrations! (I can’t live without the vector inking lol)
- Aseprite - for pixel art!
- Reaper - my current DAW! I also use Audacity if I just want to record something quickly.
- AnthemScore - helps me notate melodies I can’t pick out by ear!
- Loopcloud and Freesound.org - loops and samples!
- DECTALK - the text to speech generator used in moonbase alpha that I run thru a series of FX plugins to make MONO-9000’s voice LMFAO
I know I ain’t great at keeping up with group chats and the Socialed Media but I appreciate each and every one of y’all who’s stuck around through my hiatuses and wacky update schedule! The past few years have been A Lot but y’all keep me going!!
I wanna do a special shout out to the beta reader gang, especially Roadie (read apex academy) for her editorial feedback, Jen (look at her portfolio) for her help with my German, Bee (look at her blog) for all her encouragement and Victor
(everyone say thank you Victor)
for his help with trial planning and being an awesome mod!!
Last but absolutely not least thank you to my bf for being a good good bf and listening to me wrassle with endgame plot stuff at 1:30am. also thank you to my cats for being horrible little fur gremlins. and thank YOU (yes you) for reading!!!